This is an inspired article from DJs Flying Dutchman and Glenn Ong on FM 91.3. Was listening to it last week on the radio for their list of “Not to Say” advice for husbands when their MRS are in labour. I thought it would be good to just share a list of our own.
Husbands List of Not to Say
- “Eh how much longer ah…”
- “Don’t worry la, its ok one not pain after all you got the laughing gas”
- “You don’t need an epidural. Just relax and enjoy the moment.” from parentinghumor.com
- “Lets plan for the next one after this”
- “Don’t take too much laughing gas, the nurse told me you can only have it in intervals”
- “Oh no there’s so much blood coming out from the joyful place….”
After being in the ward with my wife when my first born was coming to this world many years ago, my level of respect for mothers shot to the roof. The amount of pain they go through to bring our kids out.